This week, November 8-14 is Pursuit of Happiness Week! According to the U.S.'s Declaration of Independence, we are endowed with certain inalienable rights: Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Since being happy is a choice you make, here are a few quotes to inspire you to do so!
1. "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
2. "Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." - Dalai Lama XIV
3. "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - Marcus Aurelius
4. "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best out of everything that comes their way." - Unknown
5. "Happy people have two things in common. They know exactly what they want and they feel they're moving toward getting it. That's what makes life feel good: when it has direction, when you are heading straight for what you love." - Barbara Sher
6. "Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not upon our circumstances." - Martha Washington