If you're at work-at-home entrepreneur, you know how great it can be (no commute or sitting in traffic)...and you know how difficult it can be at times (getting distracted by TV or just procrastination in general). Since it's Work at Home Moms Week, I wanted to share a few tips for those of us who work at home -- whether you're a mom or not:
- Have a clearly defined work space, separate work from home. If possible, have an entire room dedicated to work. If you don't have a room, designate a particular area, like a corner of your living room. By doing this, when you enter the space, you know exactly what you're there for: work. It'll help you change your state of mind from "I'm home" to "I'm at work."
- Set regular hours, and come up with a schedule. Now, a lot of times, this is easier said than done (especially if you're a mom with kids at home). But it's important because having certain work hours and a schedule will help you remain focused on what you need to do.
- Keep your desk and work area neat and organized. This will help you keep an organized mind, which helps in making your day more productive.
- Take breaks. Don't stay holed up in the room or chained to your desk all day. Take a 15-30 minute break for every hour of work. Let your mind have time to take in what it's just done, then come back. This will allow you to improve the quality of your work.
- Set boundaries for the people around you. Schedule the times you'll work, and be sure that your children and/or spouse know that you're not available for chores, playing, etc. during that time.
For even more tips, check out Top 30 Tips for Staying Productive and Sane While Working From Home.
Do you have any tips for work-at-home entrepreneurs? Please share below! : )
Connect with Mocha Writer Online!
MochaWriter.com | Facebook | Twitter