- Write it down. Say and write your goals in terms that are affirmative, real and tangible. Saying, "I make great profits from my business" is less effective than saying, "I make $2,000 per month from my business."
- Say it aloud. According to Pastor Creflo A. Dollar, each time you speak, you're planting seeds in your heart and setting events in motion.
- Make it measurable. "I'm going to network more," is not as attainable as "I will network two hours per week online and attend one networking event per month.
- Take small steps. Yes, turning your business into a million dollar enterprise might be your ultimate goal, but you need to break it down into steps you can take in your spare time or on the weekends.
- Get support. But be selective about who you get it from. According to Valerie Burton, sharing your goals with people who encourage you can be powerful.
- Drop and add. Have you outgrown any goals that you had years ago? Get rid of 'em! Let go of the old, and embrace the new!
What are your tips for achieving goals?