Over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed more and more people flocking to Twitter, which I think is great. I've connected with so many amazing & fabulous people on there, and I absolutely love it! Twitter is a great place to network, no matter what field you're in.
However, just like with other social networking sites, many people don't realize how Twitter can impact their professional lives. So, here are few tips for a professional Twitter account:
- Choose your username wisely. Make sure it's one that people will take seriously. Also, be sure people can actually find you by signing up with your real name.
- Have a good, complete bio. Include what you do (student or your occupation) and some of your hobbies. Make it fun and interesting.
- Keep your tweets Rated G or PG. Need I say more?
- If you're trying to promote your blog or business on Twitter, be sure you tweet about other things that may interest your followers.
- Interact! Don't be afraid to @ reply someone, and participate in Trending Topics that interest you, especially #FollowFriday.
What are your Twitter tips? Please share them (and your Twitter handle) below!
P.S.- Follow me! @mochawriter
Photo from: the nextweb.com
Peace & Blessings,