If you're like most of us, you probably feel there's not nearly enough hours in the day to do all you want, and you might struggle with getting it all done.
In her book, Get Yours: How to Have Everything You Dreamed Of and More, Amy Dubois Barnett gives five tips for finding balance in your life:
- Make some "me" time. Dedicate 10 minutes to yourself each morning before starting your daily grind. Meditate, pray or read your affirmations to set your day in motion.
- Prioritize. Figure out what takes precedence in your life each day. Know what should be at the bottom of your list? Using your time to deal with everyone else's problems.
- Give yourself enough time. Actually, you should give yourself more time than it will probably take to achieve a task, even if that means having to move some things until tomorrow. The benefits? You won't be late, you'll do a thorough job and be less stressed in general.
- Be as productive as possible. If you're a morning person, for instance, work on your main projects before noon. If, on the other hand, you're a night owl, try to squeeze in a few tasks after dinner.
- Get a coach or mentor. You can find a mentor whom you can bounce ideas off and get advice from or a professional coach who helps you concentrate on your dreams, then strategize and plan to accomplish them.
Source: Get Yours: How to Have Everything you Dreamed Of and More
Photo from: thediversityprojekt.org
Feel free to share your tips for having a balance life below!