- Choose your username wisely. Make sure it's one that people will take seriously. Also, be sure people can actually find you by signing up with your real name.
- Have a good, complete bio. Include what you do (student or your occupation) and some of your hobbies. Make it fun and interesting.
- Keep your tweets Rated G or PG. Need I say more?
- If you're trying to promote your blog or business on Twitter, be sure you tweet about other things that may interest your followers.
- Interact! Don't be afraid to @ reply someone, and participate in Trending Topics that interest you, especially #FollowFriday.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
The main thing that keeps an objective out of your reach is your assumption that you cannot reach it. You're able to do precisely what you expect to be able to do.
Are there dreams that you dare not to dream because you've decided that you cannot attain them? If so, then your negative expectation has become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Before you abandon or downgrade your most treasured dreams, consider this:
When your goal is personally meaningful and compelling, you can achieve it, whatever it may be. You are never too old or too young, too rich or too poor, to direct the energy of your life toward a compelling objective. Life is about making a difference, and that's something you can do no matter what your circumstances may be. There is somewhere you truly wish to go, something you sincerely desire to achieve, right this very moment.
Take the time to find it, commit yourself to it, and make the effort to make it happen. Your dreams represent some of the most valuable gifts you have to give life. Dare to dream, and allow the best of who you are to be fully expressed.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Peace & Blessings,
Monday, April 19, 2010
Motivational quotes to inspire you.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Friday, April 16, 2010
If you're like most of us, you probably feel there's not nearly enough hours in the day to do all you want, and you might struggle with getting it all done.
In her book, Get Yours: How to Have Everything You Dreamed Of and More, Amy Dubois Barnett gives five tips for finding balance in your life:
- Make some "me" time. Dedicate 10 minutes to yourself each morning before starting your daily grind. Meditate, pray or read your affirmations to set your day in motion.
- Prioritize. Figure out what takes precedence in your life each day. Know what should be at the bottom of your list? Using your time to deal with everyone else's problems.
- Give yourself enough time. Actually, you should give yourself more time than it will probably take to achieve a task, even if that means having to move some things until tomorrow. The benefits? You won't be late, you'll do a thorough job and be less stressed in general.
- Be as productive as possible. If you're a morning person, for instance, work on your main projects before noon. If, on the other hand, you're a night owl, try to squeeze in a few tasks after dinner.
- Get a coach or mentor. You can find a mentor whom you can bounce ideas off and get advice from or a professional coach who helps you concentrate on your dreams, then strategize and plan to accomplish them.
Source: Get Yours: How to Have Everything you Dreamed Of and More
Photo from: thediversityprojekt.org
Feel free to share your tips for having a balance life below!
Monday, April 12, 2010
"Pushing yourself means attempting things you're not entirely sure you can do and setting goals that are beyond what is easily achievable. It means trying different things until you find the field you love, even if the salary isn't great at first (trust me- if you have passion for a profession, the money will follow)...Think about what you absolutely love, prepare yourself, then do whatever you have to do so that you're doing it every single day."
- Amy Dubois Barnett
Friday, April 9, 2010
If you're like me (and pretty much everyone else), you probably have times when you don't feel very motivated to keep pursuing your goals. So how can you stay motivated?
Keep the end in mind. Imaging exactly how you want your dream to happen in the end. That means knowing where you'll be, what it'll look like and how it'll feel. To be successful, you need to know exactly what needs to happen, so keep a clear picture in your mind as often as possible.
Remain focused. Do not get sidetracked. Try to stick with one goal at a time; if you can't stick with one, just have a few.
Get inspired. Is there an individual who's accomplishing a goal similar to yours or other goals? If so, read about, talk to or email them. Also visit websites and read books that inspire you.
Celebrate any success you accomplish. No matter how small an achievement may be, it's still an achievement, so celebrate it! Each step is a reason to celebrate, and with enough steps, you will get there.
What are your tips for staying motivated?
Source: How to Doggedly Pursue Your Dreams in the Face of Naysayers
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
I've decided to try something new on here called Motivational Mondays. Every Monday I'll post a motivational quote that will hopefully inspire you!
This week's quote:
"Successful entrepreneurs are optimists, even to a slightly irrational extent. Failure is not an option to them. It is not a consideration. They move forward with total confidence that they will succeed. They do not allow doubts, worries or setbacks to get in their way..."
Friday, April 2, 2010
- Get two-three more clients
- Get advertisements and/or sponsorships on for colored gurls and gain more readers and subscribers
- Continue networking and building relationships
- Branding for my business and blog
- Write monthly column for MaBu
- One-two DS articles per week
- Ebook draft
- Visit local businesses to promote Mocha Writer
- Do fabulous work with my ongoing client
- Stay positive about my career and life : )
Please feel free to share your goals with me! I'd love to hear them.
Photo from: momaroo.com